top of page
image_300x190 1.jpg

North American Board Of Certified Psychophysiologists

Click Below To Visit NABCP Information Page



In order to become a degree program student with the College Of Certified Psychophysiologists you must be a member in good standing with the authorized sponsoring bona fide professional trade organization: The North American Board Of Certified Psychophysiologists.  If you would like information on the membership requirement of our sponsoring professional organization please contact us and we will be happy to put you in touch with them.  The CCP is unable to accept admission applications from any prospective student who is not a member of our sponsoring professional organization or the general public.

Under our rolling admissions plan, the CCP accepts applications year-round for multiple upcoming terms. You do not need to wait until a fixed date to hear about acceptance: we will notify you a few weeks after we receive all the materials required to complete your application.

The process is simple:

Select your program from the list on our Areas of Study If you're not sure which program is best for you, please contact Admissions and we'll help you figure it out. You can apply for only one program at a time.

Email and request an application

Once you receive your application complete it and upload the necessary application materials (transcripts, references, writing sample, personal statement, resume, etc.) and send it with your your application fee.
You will then be asked to participate in a telephone or in-person interview.


At a minimum, you must have received, or anticipate receiving prior to the start of the semester you are applying into, a High School Diploma or GED equivalent before applying for a bachelor's degree at the CCP.


At a minimum, you must have received, or anticipate receiving prior to the start of the semester you are applying into, a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university before applying for a master's degree at the CCP.

Application for a PhD also requires a master's degree from the CCP or another regionally-accredited college. An exception is made for students who are applying to the PhD program, who must have completed a BA/BS in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work, or 12 semester credits/20 quarter credits of Psychology coursework completed at a regionally accredited college or university.

The minimum expected grade point average (GPA) requirement is 3.0 from the last degree-granting institution, though exceptions may be made.





The CCP requires that transcripts submitted to the Admissions Office be "official." If you open a sealed transcript envelope, you will invalidate the transcript as an official document. We encourage you to visit your previous institutions' websites to request that official transcripts be sent directly to the CCP Admissions Office at the address below. On other websites, look for Registrar's Office, Transcript Office, or Transcript Request Form.

All applicants must provide official, sealed transcripts from all previously-attended, degree-granting, post-secondary institutions. You may submit transcripts from non-degree granting, post-secondary institutions (e.g., from a certificate program) if you feel it would strengthen your application, or if the transcripts contain graduate coursework that may qualify for transfer credit. An official review of transfer credits cannot occur until official transcripts are received. Official transcripts must be received by the end of your first semester in the program. Failure to submit all final official documents, including proof of required degree conferral will result in a registration hold being placed on your account.


Mail official transcripts to:
Admissions Operations c/o College Of Certified Psychophysiologists
2166 West Broadway #270
Anaheim, CA 92804


Standardized Testing

The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) may be required for admission to the CCP. If you wish to supplement your application with test scores, please request that the scores be sent directly to the Admissions Office at the address above.


Graduate Record Examination (GRE)

College Of Certified Psychophysiologists

Institutional Code: 4514
Phone: 800.473.2255


Miller Analogies Test (MAT by the Psychological

College Of Certified Psychophysiologists

Institutional Code: 1940
Phone: 800.872.1726



International applicants are required to submit a TOEFL score directly to the Admissions Office.
College Of Certified Psychophysiologists

Institutional Code: 4514
Phone: 1-877.863.3546 (US) Website:


Transfer credits based on equivalent graduate courses taken at another regionally accredited institution in the same or similar discipline where the student received a grade of B or better may be transferred and will reduce the number of course credits required to be completed at the CCP. Allowable transfer credits must be suitable for transfer to the intended degree as determined by the Registrar and the degree Program Director. Transfer course credits do not affect the minimum number of credits required for the degree.

Transfer credits from an institution that uses the quarter system will be converted to semester credits. Transfer credits appear on the CCP transcript as a single block of credits, not as specific course titles. While matriculated at the CCP, students may not receive academic credit or credits for coursework to apply to their CCP degree in process from another institution.

Students should be sure to review their Transfer Credit Evaluation once it has been sent to them by the Registrar's Office and should contact the Registrar if they have questions. Students have the option to request removal of any transferred credits prior to the end of their first semester at the CCP. We recommend that students check with their Program Director prior to requesting credit be removed. Once removed, the update is permanent and transfer credits may not be reinstated.

Per external guidelines, master's students cannot transfer more than 20% of their total program credits towards their CCP master's degree. Doctoral students cannot transfer more than 30 graduate semester credits towards their CCP doctoral degree, unless the degree leads to a profession or an occupation requiring state licensure and a different standard is adopted by the licensing body. These guidelines are applicable to all CCP programs and modalities, and additional restrictions may exist as noted in specific programs of study.




International Student Admissions

The Global Enrollment Management department conducts international student recruitment and admissions on behalf of the CCP. The GEM department will follow these policies and procedures, informed by institutional knowledge and best practices in international admission. The CCP defines an international student as a student who does not currently hold U.S. citizenship nor U.S. permanent residence.

International Degree Requirements

In addition to meeting all general and program-specific admission requirements, all international applicants are also subject to the following requirements:

1. Official scores from either the TOEFL or IELTS exam is required of all international applicants who indicate on their application that English is not their primary language
2. Minimum scores required are:
2. 6.5 IELTS

English Language Exam may be waived:

1. If the applicant has completed a prior degree or at least 60 transfer credits from a college/university in the United States or from a college/university where coursework is taught entirely in English (example: American University of Cairo)
2. If the applicant has successfully completed the required level at an ESL institute with which the CCP has a Memorandum of Understanding

English Language Exam may be made a contingency of acceptance:

1. If the applicant is currently completing a degree in the United States or is currently completing a degree at an international institution where coursework is taught entirely in English. The contingency will be fulfilled upon receipt of a final transcript from the aforementioned institution showing degree earned and date conferred or upon receiptof a passing TOEFL/IELTS score.
2. If the applicant is planning to enroll or is currently enrolled at an ESL institute with which the CCP has a Memorandum of Understanding. The contingency will be fulfilled upon receipt of a final transcript or letter from the aforementioned institution showing the required level was successfully completed or upon receipt of a passing TOEFL/IELTS score.

Final decisions regarding exceptions to this policy will be made by the Vice President of Enrollment Management in collaboration with the Director of Global Enrollment Management.

Accepted international applicants may matriculate once they have earned the U.S. equivalent of their program's prerequisite degree (or equivalent required course credit hours for B.A.-completion) from either a regionally accredited U.S. school or the equivalent as determined by a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)-approved transcript evaluation agency.

Regarding 3-year Bachelor's degrees: 3-year degrees will be recognized providing a NACES-approved evaluation agency equates the degree to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university. Other 3-year degrees will require additional post-graduate coursework commonly completed by those interested in applying to U.S. graduate schools (as determined by a NACES-approved evaluation agency).

Regarding Bologna Degrees: Bologna Accord degrees are recognized by NACES-approved evaluation agencies (see World Education Services example) and will be recognized by CCP provided the credential evaluator equates the degree to the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.

Regarding Professional Degrees: Final decisions regarding professional degrees earned overseas (ex: Bachelor-level Medical degrees) will be made by the Vice President of Enrollment Management in consultation with the Director of Global Enrollment Management after reviewing a NACES-approved transcript evaluation.

Regarding applicants with 3-year Bachelor's degrees completing additional study in the United States: As transcript evaluation agencies will not combine international coursework with domestic coursework when performing an evaluation, this uncommon situation will be evaluated by the faculty admissions committee. Guidelines for decision will include the completion of an
overseas Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of 120 undergraduate credit hours earned
(when summing total international credits earned and U.S. credits earned).

International Transcript Evaluation Policy

An international applicant must have non-U.S. transcripts evaluated by a NACES-approved ( evaluation
agency. The evaluation must include a "course-by-course" transcript evaluation of academic records from the foreign institution where the pre-requisite degree was earned is required for consideration for admission. The transcript evaluation must also include a general evaluation showing U.S. degree equivalency and grade point average (GPA).

Transcript evaluations are not required from American universities operating overseas, provided the institution is regionally accredited by a recognized U.S. regional accrediting body (Example: The American University of Cairo).

International Degree Conferral Admission Requirements

A graduate student must submit documentation proving conferral of the qualifying degree for their academic program by the start of the second semester of enrollment. The qualifying degree conferral date must be a date prior to the term/semester of entry.
Any individual who fails to meet this requirement by the designated due date will be removed from the institution. This documentation must be presented as follows.

International Institution Conferral:

While a student may submit documentation listed in letters (a) through (d) below to meet the designated due date, submission of the official transcript evaluation is required for all students who attended an institution outside of the United States A CCP student who fails to provide an official transcript evaluation showing degree conferred by the start of the second semester of enrollment will be withdrawn from the institution on the Add/Drop deadline of the second semester.

a. Official transcript showing qualifying degree conferral. An official transcript is printed on official transcript paper and bears the embossed or raised college seal, date, and the Registrar's signature. An official transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope with the Registrar's signature stamped across the seal. An official transcript can also be sent electronically directly from a transcript vendor.
b. Unofficial transcript showing qualifying degree conferral. An unofficial transcript is printed on plain paper and does not bear a college seal or registrar's signature or is an opened transcript submitted by a student, marked as a student copy or stamped unofficial. An unofficial transcript must document: student name, institution name, courses completed with grades earned, specific degree conferred and the conferral date.
c. An official letter on school letterhead from the qualifying degree granting institution's Office of the Registrar that includes the specific conferral date, degree level, and name of degree conferred.
d. An official or unofficial transcript evaluation of an international transcript from a National Association of Credential Evaluations Services (NACES)-approved evaluation service that includes the specific conferral date, degree level, and name of degree conferred, along with US equivalency.




The CCP offers a variety of alternatives to a full-degree M.Sc./M.Ed. or Ph.D. program of study: certificate programs, workshops and continuing education courses.

Certificate Programs

If a master's or Ph.D. seems like more than you want to attempt at the moment, try one of our certificate programs. Costs vary by certificate.


These programs offer you:

An opportunity to explore a particular field or topic
A chance to improve job qualifications by obtaining certification in a field that complements your original training
A cost-effective way to start acquiring knowledge when a longer M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree program is too much of a commitment
A means of supplementing your degree studies at the CCP with detailed learning in a specific topic area.

While some certificate programs are a subset of standard online course offerings; others are independent.




In collaboration with the North American Board Of Certified Psychophysiologists, Global Critical Incident Stress Foundation, the CCP offers superb distance- learning continuing education programs in many areas of psychophysiology including biofeedback and related topics, intended for professionals such as clinicians, coaches, educators, and academic researchers. The continuing education courses are accredited by the NABCP and the GCISF.

bottom of page